I bet you’re not gonna read this whole thing. You have other things to do. Or at least you will pretend like you have in a couple of sentences.
I am one single person. I can’t change the world and I never intended to, but I have a conscious that I can’t ignore. I’m an artist. My destiny is to feel things, see things, observe people and turn what I see into art. That’s the only gift I’ve been given.
I see these things happening, and I carry them around, knowing about it, but unable to do anything. That’s the worst kind of aware there is.
I believe that we can not make anything about a situation, until we dare to accept that it’s happening. I’m talking about all kinds of battling here - eating disorders, self harm, depression and domestic violence. I know you’re averting your eyes now. You probably don’t wanna keep reading. It’s uncomfortable. A son that opens his own skin. A daughter that stays up all night counting her bones. A friend who is hiding her bruises, scared like hell of being left alone. These are the things you don’t talk about, you learned that in school and from your parents. ”Stay away from these people with these problems, they ’turned out wrong’”. And so you go through life, maybe reading about it, see it as a story in a fiction movie. Blind idiot.. It’s happening right in front of your eyes, and nothing is gonna change that until we accept the simple fact that it exists. These people are not gonna talk about it until we make it okay to talk about.
I want to talk about this. I need to talk about this. But there are no words that will ever describe what I feel and what I see and who I am, and so I turn to the only thing I know. I turn to art.
I’ve always been inspired by the way dancers can talk without using words, the way they are the definition of control and getting lost at the same time. And so I reached out to two of my favorite dancers, Enza Cara and Francesco Cara, asking if they wanted to tell this story through their art, and I am so honored to get to do this with them. I’m using my music, these dancers are using their movements, and the result is an official music-video to my song ‘I’ll Never Tell’, with these dancers speaking their language, and I’m speaking mine. Together we’re hoping that we can open someone’s eyes. That it can leave a scar, make a mess inside someone, just like it has done to me. Hoping that it can make someone out there aware. Hoping that maybe if we dare to acknowledge this, and say that it’s okay to talk about, because you’re not alone, then maybe one single person out there dare to talk up about it too. And maybe, if more people dare to accept these truths, and that it’s probably happening to someone you love, then one day we might be able to do something about this. Maybe one day these people can get to experience what living really is, too. That it’s not supposed to be that hard. And they won’t be ashamed to admit their struggles.
I’ll Never Tell by the Glass Child
May 17th is the official release-date for the video and I’ll Never Tell will also be released as a single on Itunes and Spotify and all other online-stores. But in the mean-time I want your help. Art is a universal language, and I’ve grown to see my life through it. Understand life through it. Through music, dancing, photography, writings and literature, poetry, drawings etc. etc. And now I’m asking you to talk to me through your language, your art. I’m asking you to listen to this song, and then tell me your story through your language, your art. I’m asking you to send me photography, writings, poetry, drawings, stories, choreographies or whatever you choose to express yourself through, and together we will create a community where it’s okay to acknowledge these truths. We will be strong enough to talk about this. We will show people that this exists, and I’m sitting here 100% sure that the majority of you who are reading this, who are listening to my music, are closer to these feelings and subjects than your closest friends and family know. Am I right?
I’m not asking a lot from you, all I’m asking is that you think about this. I’m asking for acceptance. I want you to watch this video the 17th, listen to this song, hear my words, see the way these dancers are moving from their hearts, and then go out and dare to see. I’m asking you to not avert your eyes when these topics appear. And I’m asking you to share this blog, share the song, share the video. Post it on twitter, tumblr, facebook, to show people that it’s okay to talk about it - that you’re strong enough to talk about it. Because I promise you, someone you know, someone you love, is battling a battle against him or herself of some kind, without your knowledge. Or you are yourself, and together we’re strong enough.
We’re all broken enough to be humble.
So send me your art through twitter, tumblr, facebook or to my email email@example.com and let’s Tell The World.
64 Notes/ Hide
- movielover72585 reblogged this from theglasschild
- awmarsden reblogged this from theglasschild
- getemkitten likes this
- dirtyyybit reblogged this from xwallflower--x
- xwallflower--x reblogged this from theglasschild
- leavetherestunspoken reblogged this from theglasschild
- thisplacegivesmethecreeps likes this
- loveislouderalways520 reblogged this from theglasschild
- tinataberima reblogged this from theglasschild
- danstepich reblogged this from charlotteeriksson
- danstepich likes this
- lesbian-withtoomanyfandoms reblogged this from charlotteeriksson
- lesbian-withtoomanyfandoms likes this
- charlotteeriksson reblogged this from theglasschild
- fakepaperpeople likes this
- rea89 reblogged this from theglasschild
- kevinambjork likes this
- its-onlygene likes this
- awmarsden likes this
- jonasdekeukelaere reblogged this from tigerlillymusic
- tunnelsong reblogged this from theglasschild and added:
- colourourworld likes this
- just-a-city-boy likes this
- kalesvara likes this
- jonasdekeukelaere likes this
- imnotokay-nevergivein reblogged this from amessage-foryou
- seafoamkisses reblogged this from amessage-foryou
- seafoamkisses likes this
- earth-warrior likes this
- angeltear likes this
- heyhoss reblogged this from theglasschild
- myquietisviolent likes this
- little-lost-cloud likes this
- theinvinciblefaith likes this
- imnotgayanymore likes this
- nosseka likes this
- lipstickandteastains likes this
- thisistheroadtoruin reblogged this from charlotteeriksson
- tigerlillymusic reblogged this from theglasschild
- tardis-in-underland reblogged this from theglasschild
- violet-echeveria likes this
- sweet-honey-bee reblogged this from theglasschild
- sillysleepy likes this
- riverofsound likes this
- theghostinyourhead reblogged this from theglasschild
- somewhereinabetterreality reblogged this from theglasschild and added:
- loveawayyourscars likes this
- mindreaderrrr likes this
- viciouslysweetval reblogged this from theglasschild